A lecture by Dr. Jerald F. Dirks where he explores the early history of Christianity and the Islamic concepts that existed in Christianity of that time. The key ideas explored in detail are:
- Jesus (pbuh) was sent only for the children of Israel.
- Jesus Christ (pbuh) was not crucified.
- Jesus (pbuh) was a Prophet of Allah. He wasn’t God.
There were three positions in early Christians regarding divinity of Jesus (pbuh).
- Jesus is God.
- Jesus is God and Man at the same time. (Contemporary Christianity believes in this)
- Jesus is Man and a Prophet.
- Adoptionism, sometimes called dynamic monarchianism, is a minority Christian belief that believe Jesus was adopted as God’s son (Son of God) at his baptism.